This month we are taking a closer look at one of the key ingredients of the Cherry Walnut Cinnamon Thunderbird bar - cinnamon. Read on to see why we love this sweet and powerful spice!
Herbs and spices have been used in cooking for medicinal purposes for a LOOONG time. They add flavor, nutrients, and antioxidants, without adding many additional calories. For this very reason, the Cherry Walnut Cinnamon bar (the original Thunderbird bar!) incorporates two of our favorite inflammation fighting ingredients - cinnamon and turmeric. Why is cinnamon so great?
- Reduces the effect of damage from free radicals, which can play a major role in disease formation.
- Helps regulate insulin levels and has been shown to help those with type 2 diabetes.
- Lowers blood pressure and increases blood circulation, which can lead to faster healing in damaged areas.
- It can be used as a natural food preservative, and it can sweeten foods without using added sugar.
- Protects brain function and can lower the risk of cancer.