September 17, 2017
This month we are taking a closer look at quinoa. One of the six ingredients (yep, only 6!) of the Thunderbird Real Food bar of the month, the Almond Apricot Vanilla bar. Since the Almond Apricot Vanilla bar has only six ingredients, we are going to give you the top six reasons you should eat quinoa:
1. Protein. Yes, you really can get protein from things other than steak and eggs :). Quinoa is a complete protein that contains all nine essential amino acids.
2. Iron. This oxygen carrying mineral is important for energy and body temperature regulation. Feeling weak and constantly cold? Try boosting your iron intake.
3. Magnesium. Magnesium promotes healthy blood sugar control, as well as healthy bones and teeth.
4. Fiber. Quinoa has one of the highest fiber contents amongst grains, to keep you feeling full and satiated.
5. Gluten free. For those that are allergic or sensitive to gluten, quinoa is a great substitute to any recipe featuring grains.
6. It's in Thunderbird bar! Quinoa provides 7 grams of plant-based protein and a nice crunch to the Almond Apricot Vanilla bar. Use the code AlwaysAlmond20 for 20% off this bar all month!
August 25, 2021
August 24, 2021