July 22, 2016
These 9-snacks are an absolute-must for any camping trip or for anytime you’re adventuring out in the world.
1. Green Juice: An alkaline body is a vibrant + energized body. Fuel up on green juice for long lasting energy. I will always pack a very small travel cooler with just enough room and ice for about 3 - 4 juices. JuiceLand and Juice Society carry the best juices in Austin.
2. Jackson’s Honest sweet potato chips: Made with only 3 ingredients, these are the cleanest and healthiest chips you’ll find out in the market. Whole Foods Market and Wheatsville Co-op are always fully stocked with this goodness!
3. Dried mango/dried fruit: Sweet, chewy, and portable, dried fruit is a snack to always keep in your bag wherever you go.
4. Super food granola: Super food just means a more nutritionally dense food. Get your nutrients on-the-go with a bag of super food granola. 100% plant-based and filled with omega-3’s for brain health and reduced inflammation.
5. Blueberries: Counterbalance alcohol and environmental stress from travel with this antioxidant rich berry. I like to think of antioxidant rich foods as a broom that sweeps through my body and clears out all the accumulated dirt, dust, and muck that enters naturally through modern day living (or partying during summer festivities).
6. Thunderbird Bars: A powerhouse local Austin company who specializes in creating the most wonderfully delicious REAL FOOD bars. Truly for anyone looking for a whole foods based alternative to “energy” bars - they are nutrient dense, plant-based goodness! I always have a a handful of them in any backpack, suitcase, or any bag I'm traveling with. They have been a lifesaver in many occasions.
7. Almond butter + banana wraps: Nut butters (including almond, cashew and pecan butter) are great because of their high protein and fat content. Protein and fats are the keys to keeping you satisfied & happy, and prevent you from reaching for processed sugar.
8. Raw trail mix: Heart health, omega-3 fats for brain health, rich in antioxidants, and the ability to keep you full for a long period of time make these the perfect travel snack. Check out People's Pharmacy for some of the best raw trail mix you can find!
And there you have it folks!
Additions to the list?
Let us know in the comments below!