This commonly overlooked fruit shines in the summertime when temperatures are sweltering and cold beverages are flowing. The only thing as abundant as a 100 degree day during a Texas summer is a lemonade stand on the corner. And while you may love the taste of lemonade and lemons, your body (especially your skin and hair) loves its health benefits even more. Here are some great uses of this bright and tasty fruit:
- Drinking a glass of lemon water in the morning can aid in weight loss, reduce inflammation, improve digestion, and boost the immune system.
- Lemons alkalize the body by helping to restore the body’s pH.
- The juice of lemons have been found to destroy the bacteria found in many diseases and helps flush out unwanted toxins in the body.
- Lemons can be used to moisturize, cleanse, exfoliate and brighten the skin.
- A few drops of lemon juice can condition dry hair leaving it silky and smooth.
The ingredients in every Thunderbird bar serve a purpose in addition to creating a great tasting real food bar. The lemons many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium and magnesium, make it a key ingredient in the Lemon + Cashew + Apricot Thunderbird bar. It also boosts the nutrition of the bar by adding fiber and essential vitamins and minerals like copper, calcium, and iron. To celebrate the lemon and all of its wonderful properties, we are taking 20% off on all Lemon + Cashew + Apricot Thunderbird bar orders for the month. Use the code Lemon20 at checkout to save!